Mac OS 10.14 added many security features to keep the computer safe from applications not downloaded directly from the App store. If an app is downloaded from the internet or directly from a developer, i.e. the Wacom Driver, the OS continues to protect the Mac. Your security settings will need to be adjusted to allow the app access to certain parts of the OS.
For Wacom display products, some users have reported an error message when accessing the Wacom Display Settings. When seeing “Compatible Display Device Not Found”, This error id is often caused by a missing security configuration.
Legacy pen displays, or those that have physical on-screen controls buttons are not supported by the Wacom Display Settings.
The current compatible devices with the Wacom Display Settings are:
- Cintiq 13HD: DTH-1300, DTK-1300, DTK-1301.
- Cintiq 27QHD: DTH-2700, DTK-2700.
- Cintiq Pro (13, 16, 24, and 32): DTH-1320, DTH-1620, DTH/K-2420, DTH-3220.
- Cintiq 16: DTK-1660.
- MobileStudio Pro (13, and 16):DTH-W1320. DTH-W1620.
The Mac OS only allows some security settings to be modified within the first 30 minutes of installing a program. To resolve this error, follow the steps below.
Download and install the latest driver for your Cintiq.
(If a current driver is already installed, the new driver will still need to be installed again.)
- Once installed, go to Apple menu > System Preferences > Security and Privacy > General tab
- Click on the lock to make changes, input your credentials once requested.
- At the bottom of these preferences an error stating, “System software from Developer ‘Wacom Technology Corp.’ was blocked from loading” will appear.
- Press on the button next to the error message to allow.
- Close the preferences window and restart the computer.
If you are having other issues involving your Wacom Pen and Touch features along with using Mac OS Mojave 10.14, then follow this guide for a similar solution.
Share this post
- 1 comment
- Tags: 27QHD, animation, Apple, Art, Cintiq, cintiq pro, Cintiq pro 24, cintiq pro 32, Computer, concept art, graphic design, illustration, Mac, MacBook, MacBookPro, Photoshop, Repair, Tablet, Tech, Touch, Wacom, Wacom tips