Add the speed and storage capabilities of RAID and USB 3.0 to your Mac and Windows system using the G-RAID USB G1 8TB Removable Dual-Drive Storage System (2 x 4TB) from G-Technology. This array features 2 x SATA III 6 Gb/s drive bays, each of which holds one removable 4TB Enterprise-class hard drive, for a total capacity of 8TB. Each drive also has a rotational speed of 7200 rpm to allow for combined read and write speeds of up to 400 MB/s. While the G-RAID USB is built with a USB 3.0 interface, it is also compatible with USB 2.0 technology. Please bear in mind that the maximum read and write speeds are dependent on several factors, such as whether a USB 2.0 or a USB 3.0 connection is used, whether the drive is configured as RAID 0, RAID 1, or JBOD, and more.
- Two removable Enterprise-class hard drives
- USB 3.0 interface (compatible with USB 2.0)
- User configurable hardware RAID can be set to RAID 0 (performance), RAID 1 (protected), and JBOD
- Data transfer speeds up to 400 MB/s are well-suited for photo and video editing
- A smart cooling fan helps to ensure quiet operation, a long life, and data reliability
- The housing is built with an all-aluminum enclosure
- Formatted for Mac, but this storage array may be reformatted for Windows